Trusted by Marketers, Nonprofits, and Social Enterprises since 2018.

As Seen On

What Do I Mean by Broken?

Today, over 90% of websites are not ADA and WCAG compliant.

That means people with disabilities are struggling to use your website. Did you know that over one billion people worldwide have a disability? That's three times the population of the United States and 33 times the population of Texas.

Making your website accessible can be a game changer for your business. People with disabilities have a $500 billion dollars purchasing power. Your business can make up to 50% more revenue than competitors who are not accessible.

Ignoring this community is costing you money! It's also exposing your business to discrimination lawsuits.

The web, the way it should be What Exactly is ADA and WCAG Compliance?.

If you aren’t familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), there’s a high likelihood that your website is limiting your business growth.

The (WCAG) defines how to make Web content more accessible to people with visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning and neurological disabilities.

That’s because nearly 20% of the world’s population has a disability. These are everyday people who browse the internet just like the other 80% and they want to engage with your brand today.

Globally, that’s over one billion people who could be interacting with your content, ordering your products, or paying for your services on a regular basis.

+1Billion Users

The Advantage of Accessibility.

As we speak, leading businesses throughout every industry are investing in accessibility. Here’s why:

  • 20% more potential customers and clients
  • Decreased website bounce rates
  • Reduced likelihood of accessibility lawsuits
  • More conversions through a friendlier user experience (UX)
  • Clearer and more memorable branding
  • And more

These key benefits drive faster growth and increased profits for your business. All the while, you can feel good about having a more inclusive digital presence.

Bringing Digital Inclusivity to Everyone. Hi! I'm Fred Mercedes.

After nearly two decades of web development experience, I discovered the deeper purpose behind building each digital presence. That purpose was accessibility.

That’s why I'm dedicating my career to teaching digital inclusivity. I founded Blue Beacon Creative to build awareness and spark action among businesses, UX designers, and web developers everywhere.

The Whole Story

Web Accessibility Specialist. Accessibility isn't optional. It's essential.

At Blue Beacon Creative, digital inclusivity is our mission. That’s I offer done-for-you website development and training for UX designers & web developers.
Launch your project

Custom Website Development

If you are looking for a done-for-you website development service, I build stunning websites made for people of all abilities.

Build my website
Level up your team

Web Accessibility Training

For businesses with internal web developers, I provide 360° training on designing, and building accessible websites.

Train My Team
Level up your skills

UX Design & Web Dev Courses

If you are a freelancer, UX designer, or web developer, my courses cover the need-to-know behind an accessible digital presence.

Learn Accessibility

Don't know where to begin with accessibility?

Schedule a discovery call with me to chat about your goals, and I'll show you how I can help.

Frequently Asked Questions

I'm located in New York City. I'm available from 10:00AM to 6:00PM Eastern Time, give or take a few hours.

You can leave a message on the live chat, and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm online again -- we all gotta sleep after all, right?

Yes and no. I can collaborate with you consistently for weeks, even years, but only as an independent contractor. You can still think of it as full-time, aside from the engagement terms.

I prefer working alone on small to medium-sized projects, but I have a backup team for large projects that require a bigger team, so deadlines are met and budgets are kept.

Your information is safe with me. If I'm going to work on your project, both of us will sign an agreement to keep it confidential. And if I bring anybody else in on it, they have to sign one too.